Friday, March 25, 2011

My Cousin...More like a Brother...But more than that a Best Friend


 The Webster's dictionary defines family as "A group of persons of common ancestry" a friend as "one attached to another by affection" and a brother as "One related to another by common ties or interests." My cousin Justin more than covers any of these definitions by far. My childhood consists of spending countless days with Justin. Whether we were swimming in our four foot pool at our grandparents that we thought was magnificent, building forts, getting into trouble and just laughing at things that only made sense to us. Growing up I never thought much about my relationship with my cousin more than him being someone I loved spending time with until I have become an adult. I remember a few years ago my boyfriend at the time showed up at the bar hanging all over another girl and I bolted out the door before anyone saw my tears. When I got into the car with my friends and cousin I began crying and Justin just wrapped an arm around me and said, "Jordan, you don't deserve to put up with a minute of that from anyone. You are too special and everyone who meets you knows that." Those words stuck with me till this day and since then I looked at this "member of my family" as more than that...he is one of my best friends. He has been more of a brother to me and best friend than many people know in a lifetime and I am truly blessed to have someone so special in my life. My friends are his friends and his are mine, he's always there when I need him as I am for him, and there is no end of the Earth that I wouldn't go for him. My Cousin, My Brother, My Best Friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment