Looking back at relationships that didn't work the way we wanted we often think "Oh the time I wasted," but what about the lesson learned. Every person I come in contact with, whether its for a season, whether they move my heart or break it they have taught me a lesson about myself and made me who I am today. I love the Zac Brown Bands song "Colder Weather"...the lesson of waiting on someone you would have given up it all up for, only to keep waiting.
"Well its a winding road when you're in the lost and found, you're a lover and I'm a runner we go round and round. And I love but I leave you, I don't want you but I need you. You know its you that calls me back here baby. I want to see you again but I'm stuck in colder weather maybe tomorrow would be better can I call you then? Cause I'm a rambling man and I ain't never gonna change, You got a Gypsy soul to blame and you were born for leaving...born for leaving."
In my life I've learned there is such a difference in holding on for the right reasons and holding onto those people that were born for leaving. It took time, tears and heartache...but it was a lesson of love that I don't regret learning because I cherish those people worth waiting for that much more. Being strung along leaves the power to only one in the relationship only breaking yourself down into a person of weakness and loneliness. Learn to own yourself and emotions and be strong in knowing who you are because letting anyone take that from you isn't worth it as it can take lifetime to gain yourself back.
No comments:
Post a Comment